VST Tapes are exceptionally strong double-sided bonding tapes. They provide an excellent alternative to mechanical fasteners, screws, rivets and welds. VST tapes work through the bonding tape permanently attaching one substrate to another. They distribute the stress load across the joint. After the materials are joined, the tape creates an exceptionally strong weld that is often stronger than mechanical fasteners.
Meaning of VST
Rather than something exciting, VST simply means “Very Strong Tape”.
VST Tapes in Industry
Probably the most versatile adhesive our VST range have endless uses in a wide variety of industries. They can be found in use in industries not limited to:
- Sign & Display
- General Industry
Why Choose a VST Tape?
Here are 12 Reasons:
- VST tapes are great for spreading stress across the length of the joints
- They are quick and easy to apply, while also been exceptionally clean
- They are perfect for reducing noise and vibration
- VST tapes prevent corrosion by separating different types of materials
- When using a VST tape, you can use thinner, lighter weight materials
- Clean Appearance – They display no unsightly rivets or spot welds
- Vibrant Resistance – The acrylic foam in the tapes distributes the stress over the whole area
- Strength – They displace traditional fasteners such as liquid adhesives, rivets, spot welds and various other fasteners
- Can Cut Easily – VST tapes can easily be cut precisely and are excellent in aiding assembly
- Exceptionally efficient at absorbing shock
- VST tapes have a high temperature resistance (-40 to +160 degree C)
- Resists moisture, UV light and temperature cycles
VST Tapes in the Automotive Industry
VST tapes are used widely in the automotive sector. They can be found in cars, buses, trucks and trains. They can even be found in use the Aerospace and marine sectors on planes or boats. The uses are broad and include:
- Structural bonding of panels, whether this is on a truck, bus or other vehicle.
- Interior and exterior trim fixing
- Car spoiler mounting
- Light construction and mounting
- Badge and emblem fixing
VST Tapes in the Construction Industry
VST tapes can be found used in many construction applications. This includes both interior and exterior applications. VST tapes are used widely for bonding cladding panels and glass facades to aluminum frames. They are also used as an adhesive in the creation of shop fronts.
VST tapes are perfect for windows such as sky lights, BIPV photovoltaic windows and in bomb proof windows.
Once inside, VST tapes are used in the creation of partitions, in the creation of ceiling climate control systems and in many doors. They can also be found in many elevators keeping the interior, ceiling and doors firmly in place.
Signage and Display
VST tapes are very popular in the signage and display industry. They can be found in a wide variety of use applications including:
- Road Traffic Signs
- Large Panel Signs
- Bonding clear polycarbonate to illuminated signs
- Construction of obelisk signs
- Bonding of POS, name plates, A frame signs and DOT Matrix signs.
- Fixing of box signs and panels to frames x. emergency signage, digital signage
- Totem Sign Construction
VST have a wide range of uses within the electrical industry. With their strong adhesive qualities and easy of application they are ideal for use in this industry. VST tapes are specifically used for:
- Electrical insulation
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Anti-Static applications
- PCB Masking
- Bonding to high temperature surfaces
- Conductive connection and fixing
General Industry Applications
VST tapes can also be used in a variety of other applications including:
- Point of sale applications
- Plastic Moldings and Extrusions
- Glass Fabrication
- Furniture/ Kitchens/ Bathrooms
- Electrical Appliance Assembly
- Manufacture of ovens, electric fires and extractor fans
At Action Adhesives we stock a range of high performance VST and structural bonding tapes. All our tapes contain the highest quality and performance levels compared to any double-sided bonding and mounting tapes on the market. We stock 15 different sizes all available for next day delivery. To learn more or allow us to find your solution, visit our website today.